Sunday, November 13, 2005

A Day of Disappointments







Today, I was saddened to discover that Eddie Guerrero, famed WWE wrestler, has died. For the past four years, he has led a sober and clean life. He was apparently found dead in his bathroom with his toothbrush in his mouth...likely from heart failure. My heart goes out to his friends, wife, and three daughters.

In comparison, this seems so trivial, but my tiny26 electronics chip was killed tonight. I was in my living room, hooking LEDs to the PCB, watching them blink randomly. Apparently this was quite fascinating to my daughter as well. I should say right here that my daughter is amazingly well-behaved. She only acts up when she is extremely tired and cranky. She has never been one to mess with other people's things. In fact, she has never been one to put things in her mouth, even as a baby. Anyway, taking this into consideration, I have never had to worry about leaving her alone with my things. Tonight, I went into the other room for a few minutes, and when I came back, all of my components and board were on the carpet. When I tried to connect my LEDs, nothing happened. I can no longer get my board to work. I came up with a lighting display for my board tonight. If anyone is old enough to remember the show Knight Rider, you will recall KITT's red scanner lighting kit. That is the lighting effect I have decided to emulate. The programming for this is supposed to be done tomorrow, but that's going to be difficult with my chip fried. Oh well. Life goes on.

Additionally, my team, the Oakland Raiders, got their asses handed to them today. Actually, Collins got his ass handed to him. The defense did awesome, and Collins single-handedly negated all of their hard work.

I think that's all I have to complain about. Well, I have to drive to Corvallis is the morning so I will go for now. My next posting will be a little more upbeat than this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home