Friday, February 17, 2006

Veni Vidi Vici


I finally did it folks. Windows is gone...off my computer. I already notice a difference in how much faster my computer is running. On top of that, my new OS is using about 4GB of hard drive space. On Microsoft's page, they claim that you only need 1.5GB of hard drive space for the install, but I am telling you that is a lie. Prior to deleting the partitions and installing Ubuntu, I uninstalled almost everything on the computer and deleted all personal files and still had 14GB being used, of which I claim MS was using 10GB. At any rate, Life is better. I am new and still finding my way around but the fact that the shell is similar to UNIX with some commands similar to the old DOS, I can do some basics when it comes to searching for and running commands from the terminal. The GUI is similar to a Windows GUI, but it is crisper and cleaner and easier to find your way around. I am heading to bed as soon as I have Eclipse installed. Then my computing life will be complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home